By going through this article you will truly understand the simple sleeves drafting pattern. Every professional was once a beginner, so keeping that in mind this article will provide you the simplest way to grasp pattern for marking simple sleeves.
The basic measurement and pattern for making simple sleeves is as follows :
Important Note – If your fabric is printed or designer, then first match the pattern/design of sleeves with each other and also with the suit/kurti.
Marking And Drafting Of Simple Sleeves :
1. After matching the pattern of kurti and sleeve fabric, take length + 2 inch (for folding & sewing seam) and cut it.
2. Then fold sleeve fabric in 4 layers width wise equal to shoulder length + 1.5 to 2 inches i.e if shoulder length is 7 inch then fold it up to 8.5 or 9 inch.
3. Now from open part lengthwise take 2.5 to 4 inch according to your chest measurement. If chest measurement is less then mark 2.5 inch and for heavy chest/breast mark up to 4 inch.
4. Take 1 inch width wise from close side and join 2.5 to 4 inch mark in a curve manner.
5. On this curve, from open part mark 1.5 inch and from this 1.5 inch point measure till close top part and take its center.
6. Now, at this center of curve take 0.5 to 1 inch downwards and join both curve end points making a leaf like curve (for deep curving of front sleeve).
7. At bottom of sleeve make 1.5 inch straight line for folding. And on this line, mark half arm round + 1 inch from close side width wise. Now join it to the upper 2.5 to 4 inch mark in a slant manner.
8. After that make a bit slant line in outer direction for better and comfortable finishing.