Tired of wearing your kurtis with simple sleeves, bottom hem or neck. Just try attaching this one shaded triangular strip on them. Easily customize your kurti or top with triangular strips of one shade. Joining one shade triangular strips to your garment will change the outlook of it and you’ll feel like you got a new item in your closet. By going through this post you can easily understand how to make these strips.
Let’s divide the procedure for making strips in 3 steps :
- Fabric Required
- Drafting And Cutting
Fabric Required For Making One Shade Triangular Strips :
1. In length – According to your requirement
2. In width – Double of box length measurement i.e if we are making 1.5 inch of box then we need 3 inches of fabric in width.
Drafting And Cutting Of One Shade Triangular Strips :
1. First cut the fabric in simple straight strips (length and width as per required).
2. Then draw a straight line at center of simple strips lengthwise on the wrong side of fabric.
3. After that mark point minding 1.5 inch gap (because here we are making 1.5 inch boxes) on the straight line.
4. Then extend these marks to either one side of strip fabric.
5. Now take the center of first box (i.e here half of 1.5 is 0.75 inch), mark it on the center line and extend it width wise to opposite side. After that from this point, mark points minding 1.5 inch gap. It means the recent points will come at center of previous boxes. Now extend these points to other side width wise.
7. After that cut these lines width wise till the center line from both sides (don’t cut the center line).
You may like : How to make loops for neck designs
Stitching Of One Shade Triangular Strips :
1. After cutting, now double fold the first side boxes to make a triangle and sew it from base. Continue this sewing till end of your made triangles.
2. Now first leave 0.75 inch fabric from top on other side and make triangles there too and sew them.
3. After sewing triangles on both sides, now fold either side triangles to other side from center and sew it.
4. Your triangular strips of one shade is ready. You can join it to your sleeves, slits or neck by keeping the strip beneath the kurti fabric (sleeves or slits) and sew it, showing the triangles on the out.