Frock is a lovely and beautiful attire for each and every girl. Especially during young age (say 5-12 years of age), frocks are the first choice in a girl’s mind whenever they go shopping. Many of you want to make frocks like simple frock, yoke frock for your baby girls at home also, so keep that in mind we’ve got you the standard frock size chart. In this post we had cover all the basic measurements you should keep in mind while drafting frocks. First you must go through the post of “how to take body measurements“, so you can understand all the terms easily.
Frock Size Chart Of 1-12 Years Old Girls :
Let’s divide the size chart into two parts which will help a lot in understanding easily.
- Upper Body Measurements(bodice measurements)
- Lower Body Measurements(bottom skirt measurements)
Frock Size Chart- Upper Body Measurements(bodice) :
There are some terms which you should keep in mind while drafting of bodice. The important lengths and widths we are taking into consideration are as follows:
i) Bodice length(here it is also waist length)
ii) Shoulder to shoulder width
iii) Shoulder length
- Front neck length/depth
- Back neck length/depth
- Neck width
Frock Size Chart – Bodice :
All measurements are taken in inches.
|1. Bodice Length|
|2. Shoulder To Shoulder Width|
|3. Shoulder Length|
|6. Front Neck Length|
|7. Back Neck Length|
|8. Neck Width|
NOTE : These are standard size chart and size may vary with respect to the type of skirt you are making. For example if you are making a boat neck frock then measurements of neck will change accordingly.
Frock Size Chart – Lower Body Measurements(bottom skirt) :
In bottom skirt measurements we consider only two factors :
i) Bottom skirt length
ii) Bottom skirt width(standard size)
Frock Size Chart – Bottom Skirt(up to knee length) :
Here we are considering the frock up to knee length and the measurements are according to it.
|1. Bottom Skirt Length|
|2. Standard Size Bottom Width|
Some Key Points :
- Length of bottom skirts is excluding the bodice length.
- If you want to make a frock lengthy or short you can increase or decrease the bottom skirt’s length accordingly.
- Also if you want more flares then you can increase bottom width according to your choice.
- Add 1 inch sewing seam in upper bodice length while drafting.
- Also, add 2-3 inch sewing seam + folding in bottom skirt’s length.
- Add 1-2 inch sewing seam in width measurement also.