By going through this post, you can easily understand the basics of marking, drafting and cutting of simple salwar without belt. Step by step we provide you the making procedure of simple salwar without belt.
Diagrams Of Simple Salwar Without Belt Is As Follows :
NOTE : IF YOU ARE MAKING ALL-OVER SUIT THEN THE PROCEDURE OF MAKING SIMPLE SALWAR IS A BIT DIFFERENT. Here, we are making salwar from separate fabric piece.
The fabric needed for simple salwar without belt for an adult is : salwar length + 3 inches (for middle/knee part) plus salwar length + crotch length + 5 inches. Usually 2.5 meter of fabric is sufficient.
Step By Step Procedure For Drafting And Cutting Of Simple Salwar Without Belt :
1. First fold the fabric width wise. Then mark length + 3 inches (cord insertion + sewing seam) & cut it.
2. After that, from open width part take double of foothole, mark it and draw a straight line lengthwise and cut it. Your two pieces of middle part of salwar are ready.
3. Now fold these pieces width wise so it can be adjusted in 4 layers.
4. Then fold remaining fabric width wise and place your recently cut middle part (4 layers) 0.5 inch above the fabric lengthwise and at end of it mark foothole + 1 inch. Mark a line width wise at end of middle part which will eventually comes near about 1.5 to 2 inch.
5. From this 1.5 to 2 inch marked line take crotch length + 2.5 to 3 inch (cord insertion + sewing seam), mark it. And from this point take 1.5 to 2 inch extra lengthwise (for curving of crotch area).
6. Now remove knee parts.
7. Now mark same points on the other side in opposite direction lengthwise i.e foothole, crotch length etc.
8. Join 1.5 to 2 inch mark of opposite footholes in a slant manner so that you get 4 equal fabric part of sides pieces of salwar.
9. First cut 1.5 inch straight width wise then slant line & at last cut 1.5 inch straight width wise.
10. Keep the 4 equal fabric parts of simple salwar without belt matching symmetrically on each other and take crotch length + 3 inch from top on crotch length side, mark it and give a curve at end for better stitching.