In this post we are going to give you the step-wise procedure on how to do 24 Paneled Anarkali Drafting And Cutting. Just one or two mathematics things you must keep in mind and after finishing the garment your anarkali turns out to be the best in all. 🙂
Fabric Needed For An Adult – 3.5 to 4 meters.
CLICK HERE FOR : HOW TO MAKE A-LINE KURTI
- First we draft the 24 paneled anarkali on fusion paper or rough fabric.
- Then cut one panel from center and one panel from the side including sewing seam at both cases.
- After that place this fusion paper patterns on our main fabric and cut 20 same panels of center pattern. And cut 4 same panels of side fusion paper pattern.
24 Paneled Anarkali Drafting :
1. First mark 2.5 inch width wise on fusion paper and draw a straight line lengthwise from this mark. We will take all the measurements width wise from it.
2. Now take total length minus 5 inch (because we will insert contrast color fabric with lace at bottom) lengthwise on this straight line.
3. On top, take half of shoulder to shoulder width + 0.5 inch from this marked line width wise. From this point mark shoulder length lengthwise.
4. At shoulder length take half of shoulder to shoulder width + 0.5 inch width wise and cross mark it. And also take 0.5 inch less width wise than upper shoulder width mark. Join these two points to top shoulder width mark.
5. Then mark 1/4 of chest + 1.5 to 2 inches (from the straight marked line) width wise.
6. After that from top mark waist length + 0.5 inch and hip length + 0.5 inch (sewing seam).
7. Now at waist length mark 1/4 of waist + 1.5 to 2 inch and at hip length mark 1/4 of hips + 1 to 1.5 inch width wise. And join all the marks of chest, waist and hips with each other (inner to inner and outer to outer).
8. At bottom, mark 1/4 of bottom width + 1 inch and join hips marks to bottom width marks.
9. For better finishing, measure from hip length till bottom of anarkali on straight line and make a curve at bottom width.
10. After that do curving for the front and back arm round.
Panels Drafting And Cutting :
1. For panels divide 1/4 of chest, waist, hips and bottom width by 6. And mark points minding same gap on chest, waist and hips first.
2. At bottom width we follow the same procedure of marking points minding equal gaps but from the opposite side. Why this is done this way? – so that the panels do not come in straight manner at center of bottom part of anarkali. And that’s why at starting of drafting we took 2.5 inch extra fusion paper/fabric width wise for this purpose to compensate bottom width curving measurements.
3. Join all the marks in a parallel manner. Our five panels are of same measurement and but the sixth panel (arm hole side panel) is different.
4. Cut the first panel taking 0.5 inch of sewing seam on both sides. And also cut sixth panels taking 0.5 inch sewing seam on one side (inner) because on outer side we already have our sewing seam.
5. Make 20 panels keeping first fusion paper panel pattern on the main fabric by adjusting it properly.
6. Now make 4 panels keeping the sixth fusion paper panel pattern (arm hole side panel) on main fabric. In this way we got 20 + 4=24 panels for our 24 paneled anarkali.
7. After that do drafting and cutting of sleeves. Drafting and cutting of 24 paneled anarkali is completed.
NEXT >> Anarkali Stitching