In this article/post, we are providing the simple neck patterns diagrams so you can fully understand the basics. Simple neck pattern includes U, V, Square and Heart shaped patterns and by going through these diagrams you can quickly grasp that how to make it work in a easy way.
The diagrams of simple neck pattern are as follows :
While doing drafting of neck on folded fabric, you can see the pattern like this after completing.
Below follows the diagram :
FRONT NECK MARKING :
If you are making simple neck from your kurti directly –
1. First fold the kurti fabric and from close part at the top, mark a bit less than half of your neck width.
2. From width mark, mark front neck length lengthwise and make a box on the close part of neck portion.
3. Now in the box you can make your simple neck design i.e U, V, Square or Heart.
If you want to make simple neck designs by ready made pattern then simply paste the pattern on extra fabric of kurti taking required length and width of neck –
If you want to make your simple neck pattern i.e not satisfied by ready made pattern’s length and width, then you can go for the bookrum/hard fusion paper cloth to make your own desired pattern –
BACK NECK MARKING :
1. Fold back piece of kurti and mark a bit (~0.25 inch) less than half of neck width (when not using hard fusion paper) OR take half of neck width (if you are making neck with fusion paper).
2. Make a box and do curving for back neck.
Important Tip –
We take ~0.25 inch less than actual width as we join bias tape to the neck pattern. Thus, there is the required width maintained.