http://hancockandsonplumbing.com/air-conditioning Narrow palazzo is a type of palazzo which is narrower at the foothole region. Narrow palazzo can be disguised as women trousers because of the shape and style of wearing. It can be worn professionally as well as casually. In this post I’ll teach you how to do marking, drafting and cutting of narrow palazzo for the perfect fit.
Fabric Needed :
Double of length + 4 inch
Measurements To Consider :
- total length of palazzo
- waist and hips
- crotch, thigh and knee length
- thigh and knee circumference
- half foothole
Marking And Drafting For Narrow Palazzo :
1. First, fold fabric in 2 layers lengthwise. And from open part take all the lengths excluding belt length i.e crotch length, thigh length + 0.5 inch, knee length + 0.5 inch and full length + 2 inch (for folding).
2. Extend marks width wise. After that, at top (crotch length side) mark 1/3 of hips width wise and mark the same at crotch length line too.
3. Join both marks lengthwise.
4. Now, mark 1.5 to 2.5 inch less than hip width points at top and crotch length line. Join these points too, and now we get two parallel lines.
5. Now measure the gap between the two parallel lines and take 0.5 inch extra on inner crotch length line lengthwise.
6. After that, draw a curve from end of outer line till marked point on inner crotch length line.
7. Now measure width starting from one end of fabric till outer line, and take its center.
8. After that, measure fabric from center till front side and mark same measurement on thigh, knee and foothole region width wise.
enter site "we assume these marks as center line of our narrow palazzo and take all the measurements minding these marks at thigh, knee and foothole region as center"
9. Now come to thigh length and take 1/4 of thigh circumference + 0.5 inch on both sides of the center mark.
10. After that, come to knee length and mark 1/4 of knee circumference + 0.5 inch on both sides of the center mark.
11. At foothole length, take 1/2 of half foothole + 1 inch on both sides of center mark.
12. Now join all these marks (at thigh, knee and foothole) in a shape of pant with the help of scale or inch-tape.
13. For better folding and stitching, mark a bit slant line to the outer side from foothole.
14. At last mark 0.5 inch on inner crotch length line and make a slant line width wise.
You Might Like : Top Trending Trousers For Women
Cutting Of Narrow Palazzo :
1. Do cutting on the drafted lines. Start from top slant line and then cut inner crotch length line till foothole. And this will be our front piece of narrow palazzo.
2. Place front piece on remaining fabric and now mark 1.5 inch more than for back piece at waist line. Also take 1.5 inch extra at crotch length area width wise and draw a curve (at crotch area) in parallel with front piece of narrow palazzo.
3. After that, mark 0.5 inch extra at foothole till crotch length end on both sides. Do drafting on both sides of front piece to match crotch length area.
4. Remove the front piece and do cutting for the back piece on drafted line.
5. Belt is cut 4 inch in length and in width it is equal to front and back pieces joined separately (because the front and back piece waist width differs).