Girls loves designer skirt and in this post we are providing you the step-wise procedure for making a draped skirt. This is a simple draped skirt with belts, pleats and rings at the waist part. Drafting and cutting is quite simple!
FABRIC NEEDED : Double of (length + 2 inch; for folding and sewing seam) + belt fabric + 1 inch.
EXTRA MATERIALS FOR DESIGNING : Rings and velcro.
Drafting And Cutting Of Simple Draped Skirt :
1. After taking the required skirt measurements, first of all double the fabric lengthwise and from open side mark skirt length + 2 inch (sewing seam) excluding the belt length.
2. Make a straight line and cut it. The fabric will come in two pieces and the lower portion is bottom part of draped skirt.
3. Now fold the remaining fabric lengthwise equal to belt length + 1 inch (sewing seam).
NOTE : In draped skirt the length of the belt is more than simple skirts.
4. In this draped skirt we cut the belt in three part and it will be more than our actual waist, so that it could draped over each other.
Measurement for the three parts of belt’s width :
- First part width : half of waist + 1 inch (sewing seam)
- Second or middle part width : half of waist + 2 inch (sewing seam) + 2.5 inch (inserting pleats)
- Third part width : half of waist + 1 inch (sewing seam)
5. After marking all three belt widths cut it properly.
6. Now take the middle belt part and on the wrong side mark the pleats for better finishing (as we insert pleats in suits/kurtis). For this first mark the center of fabric width wise and make a line. And now from width wise belt’s center take center of both parts a make a line. After that on these line mark the center lengthwise also, and on this mark measure 1 inch on both sides of marked line width wise and join it till end in slant manner. After that fold fabric and do patting on opposite side so that pleats are transferred.
7. After that take remaining fabric and mark 8 to 10 inch in length and 3 inch in width. Cut two alike pieces of fabric of this measurement (8×3) for strips.
8. Also make small loops from the remaining fabric for insertion of loops to tie up the drapedd skirt.