Peter Pan Collar had a history. It get famous when Maunde Adams played a role of Peter Pan in 1905. In this post we are going to teach you how to easily make a designer peter pan collar at home.
We will explain the procedure in 4 parts :
- Joining It With Top/Kurti/Frock
Drafting Of Peter Pan Collar :
enter site We do the drafting of peter pan collar on hard fusion paper.
1. First fold the hard fusion paper and take estimate length of collar and mark it lengthwise. This will be our collar length.
2. At the end of collar length point, mark half of neck width and draw a straight line width wise.
3. Now from this width line, take length of front neck lengthwise. And again at the end of front neck length point, cross mark it with half of neck and make a box.
4. After that further take back neck length from recently made box and then cross mark it with half of neck width. Make an another box for back neck.
5. Now we do curving for the collar. At front neck length point we reduce the width up to 1 to 1.5 inch width wise than length of collar (for ex- if collar length’s is 3.5 then we take width in range of 2 to 2.5 inch). Draw a straight line first and then take its center at top.
6. After that we do curving, start from middle neck (folded part) to center point at top till front neck length.
7. At back neck length take further 1 inch extra and continue curving till this mark.
8. Now do inner front and back neck curving. And make a slant line at back neck length.
Cutting Of Peter Pan Collar :
1. First, cut outer and inner curve and also cut the slant line at back neck length.
2. Now place this peter pan collar pattern on your fabric. After that cut the fabric half inch extra alongside the outer curve collar’s boundary. (Don’t cut alongside the inner curve now.)
Stitching Of Peter Pan Collar :
1. First match right to right of fabric and mark alongside the outer curve, then do stitching on this leaving inner side open. After stitching remove your peter pan collar pattern.
2. After stitching mark small cuts alongside it and take it to the right side.
Take Out Your Chipti Piping-
3. Now take out a bit of lower contrast color fabric outside and do sewing alongside the outer curve. By this a fine piping can be seen and it is called see Chipti piping.
Joining Of Peter Pan Collar With Your Top/Kurti :
1. First we do drafting and cutting of front and back neck according to your measurements. After that cut back neck deep cut making a leaf like shape.
2. Now take out piping in back neck cut by using slant strip. First fold slant strip width wise and sew alongside the back neck cut (folded part of strip must be at opposite side of sewing line). Then mark small cuts and fold strip to wrong side showing a contrast color piping and sew it.
3. Do another sewing alongside recent sewing seam minding a gap of 0.25 inch between them.
4. After that sew shoulders matching right to right of front and back kurti/top pieces.
5. Now adjust and match right to right of collar with front and back (joined) pieces and mark inner curving with chalk. buy Prozac hong kong And now cut the inner curve of collar.
6. After cutting, match right side of collar and wrong side of top and sew collar alongside the neck starting from back neck leaf-like cut to center of front neck. Proceed the stitching further for the other side collar too.
7. Mark small cuts on neck portion (don’t cut the stitching). After that flip the collar to right side and sew it alongside neck circumference on right side.
8. Your peter pan collar is ready and you can also decorate it with beads, buttons or designer laces, ribbons etc.