Wearing long skirt doesn’t need a trending invitation. Whenever you wear them it automatically trends its fashion. Keeping that in mind, in this article we provide you the step-wise process to make a paneled a-line long skirt.
Paneled A-Line Long Skirt Drafting And Cutting :
1. First take fabric equal to length + 2 inch lengthwise (excluding belt length) + 2 to 3 inch for folding and sewing seam.
2. Cut extra fabric for belt.
3. After cutting, fold fabric width wise from center so that it comes in 4 layers.
4. Now from close part mark 1/4 of waist + 1 inch width wise.
5. After that join waist mark to bottom width mark in a slant manner.
6. Now from the top, mark hip length excluding the belt length.
The hip length point should be equal to 1/4 of hips + 1 inch when measured width wise. If it is not sufficient then we join extra panels thus increasing the flairs of long skirt.
7. Now cut the marked slant line first.
8. After that take center of waist width wise and mark a straight line lengthwise from close side and cut it.
9. Now put previous cut four layers (slant panel pieces) in middle of recently cut pieces and match straight to straight side of both middle and slant panels. http://oceanraiderinc.com/yacht-building-remodeling-carpentry-south-florida/dsc05870/ This is done for joining extra panel so that we get sufficient hip circumference.
10. After that place last paneled piece alongside the middle paneled piece matching/facing slant sides of both panel pieces.
Paneled A-Line Long Skirt Stitching :
1. After placing all your panels, now open it in 2 layers from the center. Keep your center panel in middle and join the panels matching right to right.
2. After joining middle panel to first panel, now join/sew the outer most panel matching slant side to slant side and right to right of panels. Repeat the same procedure for back side panels also.
3. Now do press stitching on all the sewing lines.
4. After that match right to right of front and back side, and do stitching on one side from top to bottom.
5. Now leaving 3 to 4 inch gap from the top (waist) lengthwise, then sew it also till bottom.
6. After that do stitching on the 3 to 4 inch gap by doubling folding the fabric as we do in petticoats.
Fabric For Belt :
7. Now take fabric for belt equal to double of belt length + 1 inch (sewing seam and folding) lengthwise and in width it should be equal to circumference of waist + 3 to 4 inch (for inserting hooks and loops).
8. After that fold belt fabric lengthwise from center and sew it from the extreme ends (exclude half inch from open side).
9. Now sew belt matching right side of it with wrong side of skirt alongside waist circumference. Then flip belt to right side and fold near about half inch inside taking extra fabric and do final stitching of belt with waist circumference.
10. While coming to end, fold extra belt fabric inside and sew till end. After this do sewing on the upper side of belt also.
11. Now insert hooks and loops and then fold the bottom part up to your required length. Your paneled a-line long skirt is ready to wear.