In this post, I’m going to share how to make a divided skirt for girls. Generally divided skirt is worn as a school uniform. But it also looks good as a outfit for partying, casual meeting with friends etc. Divided skirt is a type of skirt joint at crotch area like trousers, pajamas or palazzo.
Materials Required :
- Fabric needed – Double of (length[your skirt’s length] + 3 inch) + Double of belt length + 1 inch.
- Belt roll
- Usual tailoring equipment like measuring tape, scissors etc.
Divided Skirt Pattern :
You May Like : Types Of Skirt & When To Wear Them
Divided Skirt Drafting :
1. After taking required fabric, first fold the fabric in 2 layers widthwise and mark double of belt length + 1 inch. Draw a straight line widthwise and cut cloth for belt.
2. Now fold fabric lengthwise so that it comes in 4 layers. And then take fabric for skirt equal to length + 3 inch (sewing seam and folding) excluding fabric for belt.
3. After that from close part, take crotch width (range is 1.5 to 2.5 inch) and from this mark, measure crotch length + 1 inch lengthwise. Then cross mark it with crotch width mark to make a box.
4. Take 0.5 inch extra lengthwise on crotch length line(bottom region) and do curving of crotch area.
5. Now mark 1.5 inch widthwise (range is 1 to 2 inch) at extreme end of skirt’s fabric and join crotch curve to this mark in slant manner.
Divided Skirt Cutting :
1. Do cutting, starting from slant line including crotch curve till upper waist portion.
2. Also put scissors in middle of the fabric at waist part and cut it widthwise, so that we get two separate leg parts.
3. Now cut belt from the remaining fabric equal to waist circumference + 5 inch.