Ban neck attires is one of the stylish and evergreen fashion in the garment industry. It goes well with frocks, designer kurti with various neck designs, tunic tops etc etc. In this post you’ll easily learn how to make ban neck collar.
First of all do marking and drafting of your front and back neck. After that do cutting and stitching of front neck appropriately. Now do back neck stitching (take back piece of kurti folded in 2 layers, mark length & width of back neck and do simple curving and sew it). After that join shoulders matching right to right of front and back piece of kurti/top.
Let’s divide ban neck making in three parts :
- How to take measurements
- Drafting and cutting
- Stitching of ban neck collar strip and how to sew it with kurti/top
How To Take Measurements :
1. Put measuring tape on one point of front neck (if it is simple neck i.e V, U etc then take 2 to 2.5 inch from shoulder joining on front neck AND if it is designer neck then take a point on tip of inner curve of front neck). source link After that measure alongside starting from one point on front neck including back neck till to the opposite side point on front neck.
NOTE- After measuring, the two points on front neck must be at same distance from shoulders.
Ban Neck Drafting And Cutting :
1. Cut hard fusion paper/bookrum strip according to length of ban and in width cut the strip near about 1.5 inch. Fold it from center width wise.
2. Now from closed part of ban strip, measure half neck width and mark it. Take 0.5 inch at center lengthwise and Misoprostol online order make a curve till recently marked neck width point.
3. After that mark 0.5 inch point at open part of neck strip lengthwise and join it with neck width point in slant manner. Do a bit curving on upper tip of ban neck and cut the pattern. And now cut the pattern formed.
4. http://frazerllp.com/?_hsenc=p2ANqtz-8oE7kUkkgrLjgJH5TlqQcUESM5eLtmfdtPtCg05ZHfmvpZIO0GUNwGpekWTvcdnx8ptiPP Take fabric equal to 1 to 1.5 inch more than double of ban strip and paste your ban neck pattern on this fabric (either do ironing or temporary sewing). And after that cut extra fabric minding a gap of 0.5 inch.
Stitching Of Ban Neck Collar Strip & How To Sew It With Your Garment :
1. Now fold extra upper fabric from top on neck strip and sew it on both sides (this includes the curve part of neck pattern). The bottom part will remain open.
2. Cut extra fabric alongside the neck bookrum pattern. Mark small cuts and then take the pattern to the right side.
3. After that mark center of ban neck strip and center of back neck of kurti. And now, match centers of both (neck strip & back neck) and sew it matching right to right starting from one point on front neck till the other point.
4. Now fold the extra fabric inside (not on bookrum/hard fusion paper) properly and sew it on the recent stitching line alongside neck portion.
5. At last undo temporary stitching (if you did it while pasting on fabric). Your ban neck collar is ready.
Video Tutorial :
Buy Ban Neck Collar Kurti