A shape Or A-line kurtis are most favorite among youngsters as it comes in variety of colors, shades and embroidery designs. One can make it up to calf length, knee length. It has flares from the waist making A shape panel. The reason why women loves a-shape kurti is that – http://conceptsmarketingdesign.com/puffzy/wxopvbu.php?id=rus-filmleri-tÃ¼rkÃ§e-altyazÄ±lÄ± it combines with almost all type of bottoms whether it is leggings, tights, jeans, salwar etc etc.
From this post, you can easily understand how to make A-shape kurti at home. Let’s divide it in 3 parts:
- Fabric Needed
- Drafting And Cutting
- Stitching And Finishing
Fabric Needed To Make “A Shape” Kurti :
http://nanettestein.com/shop/ Fabric Requirement – Double of (length + 2 inch) + length of sleeves + 1 inch.
Drafting Of A Shape Kurti :
1. First of all fold the fabric and from top take length + 2 inch, mark it. Draw a straight line and cut fabric.
- If you have pattern on fabric (say flowers), then flip the upper layer of fabric (keep in mind that right side of upper & lower layers remains inside). This is done so that the pattern of front and back pieces of kurti matches.
2. After that fold kurti fabric equal to where to buy atarax (half of bottom width + 1 inch) width wise, so that it comes in 4 layers.
3. Then from the top mark all lengths i.e
- Shoulder length
- Waist length + 0.5 inch
- Hip length + 0.5 inch
4. Now from top close side, take half of shoulder to shoulder width + 0.5 inch (sewing seam) width wise.
5. After that follow the same procedure as of simple kurti including neck drafting and front & back sleeve curving.
6. When you done with the simple kurti drafting pattern, now come to the total length. Here mark half bottom width + 1.5 inch width wise. After that join outer hip mark to half bottom width mark in slant manner. As it is a “A Shape” kurti in which the bottom hem is more than the simple kurti.
Cutting Of A Shape Kurti :
1. Start cutting from neck width to shoulder length line in slant manner. Then back arm curve till bottom hem including chest, waist and hips portion.
2. Separate front and back piece. Keep front piece in 2 layers and do front sleeve curve cutting.
Stitching Of A-Shape Kurti :
This is the step-wise procedure for drafting and cutting of A Shape kurti. I hope you find it easy, if any query ask in the comment box. 🙂